A seamless, quick divorce seems nice and easy in theory, but in reality, a quick divorce means different things to different people and may or not be possible depending on the nature of your relationship. Filing a divorce is usually a long and tedious legal matter that can last for several months or years; thus, divorce proceedings are considered among the many stressful events one can go through in life. Nonetheless, divorce proceedings do not always have to take this long. If you want to speed up the process, you and your partner should agree that the challenges you are facing as a couple can’t be solved. You can also opt to divorce online, which is much faster. In this post, we will discuss in detail how a Tacoma Family Law Attorney will help you get a quick divorce.
What legal requirements are needed to start a divorce case?
There is a lot of confusion and false information circling a quick divorce proceeding and the divorce process itself. There is no special direction or money you can pay to speed up a divorce process since the length of a divorce usually depends on how complicated the relationship is. You can determine the length of your divorce proceedings by requesting a divorce timeline. However, before you file for a divorce, you need to meet the following legal requirements:
- Residency. You will need to prove that you and your spouse have lived in Washington for a certain amount of time, I.e., one year.
- Legal Grounds. You will need to have legally acceptable reasons as to why you are filing for a divorce, based on the following grounds:
- Inhuman treatment
- Living separate and according to a separation agreement
- Confinement in prison for three or more consecutive years.
How can I quicken the divorce process?
Are you looking forward to speeding up the divorce proceedings? The following are some simple measures you can take to fast-track your divorce process:
- First, both you and your partner need to agree on the grounds for the divorce.
- Both you and your partner should agree that neither will contest the divorce.
- Collect and submit all the necessary documents from both parties within the set deadlines.
- Make sure you know the current home address of your spouse if you are no longer living together.
- Ensure you a copy of your marriage certificate that should be written in English.
- Accurately fill in the divorce forms.
- If necessary, agree with your partner on childcare and financial agreements.
In most cases, getting through your divorce proceedings quickly is often difficult. However, by contacting the Alliance Law Group to speak with a knowledgeable Tacoma Family Law attorney, you will be provided with reliable tips on speeding up and running your divorce proceedings smoothly. You can also visit us at the University Park, WA offices to discuss your divorce case and learn more about our other legal services.