The news is good for residents of Washington State: Americans are living longer, with a life expectancy up to 78.8 years, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In light of this news, however, it has become as important as ever to plan for the future when it comes to financial and potential health issues, including wills and general estate planning, powers of attorney, and other aspects of legal matters surrounding the practice of elder law. At Alliance Law Group, we understand the importance of family and planning for the future as Tacoma elder law attorneys. See why and how you and your family can rely on our legal services when it comes to planning your future.
Our Comprehensive Tacoma Elder Law Services
To our team at Alliance Law Group, it’s not enough that older clients merely live a long life. We share your hopes that you thrive with dignity and absolute enjoyment. We represent elderly clients and their families in the areas of:
- Guardianship: If a person is unable to make responsible decisions regarding healthcare or property, it may become necessary for a court to get involved to protect him or her. Proceedings to appoint a guardian for the ward are anxiety-inducing, so our lawyers strive to give you peace of mind.
- Powers of Attorney: Guardianship under Washington State law is not the only alternative for managing healthcare and financial matters. Depending on mental capacity, it is possible for a person to appoint someone to handle decisions regarding medical treatment, life-supporting procedures, financial matters, and other situations. We can prepare custom-tailored, legally enforceable documents to ensure that intent becomes reality without the need for court intervention
- Wills: Wills are, in essence, sets of legal instructions that direct the court concerning your executors (those responsible for carrying out a a will), assets, child guardianship arrangements, beneficiaries of your estate, and other arrangements pertaining to your belongings and finances after your death. On our part, our attorneys will help you navigate the complex legal requirements for wills in Washington which is especially important when specifying the allocation of assets and guardianships to protect your loved ones’ well-being and finances.
- Trusts: Trust are often part of a will that specify the rules for the division of property and assets after your death. Trusts are often used to protect your property, avoid probate, and lessen the tax burden your beneficiaries will face. Trusts often require our legal assistance as there are often complicated laws surrounding trusts and their formation, the designation of a trustee / trustees (the person responsible for overseeing the trust), and the beneficiaries with their responsibilities to the trust.
- Probate: Probate refers to the execution of a will and ensuring that all parts of the will and the trust are carried out legally and according to the trustor’s designations. Our Washington Elder Law Attorneys at Alliance Law Group are experienced in helping trustees and executors fulfill their duties and ensure that all the beneficiaries of a will and trust are adequately awarded what they are due.
Injuries, Abuse, and Exploitation of the Elderly
Nursing homes and assisted living centers are accountable for residents, and we trust them to adhere to the highest levels of care for our loved ones. At the Alliance Law Group, we believe that the failure to comply with legal standards is absolutely unacceptable. We seek compensation from facilities for incidents indicating negligence, such as understaffing, improper management, and careless hiring decisions.
Talk to a Tacoma Elder Law Attorney About Your Circumstances
Our legal team at the Alliance Law Group takes elder law matters seriously because we know the issues that are important to our clients, whether the subject of representation is you or a family member. Don’t settle for mediocre when it comes to you or your loved ones. Please contact our University Place, WA office to schedule an appointment with a qualified, compassionate legal professional.