Injured because of someone else?
Call for a free consultation to discuss your rights or the rights of your loved ones. You pay no attorney fees unless we collect for your injuries.
Bills may stack up quickly and substantially even when your injury is someone else’s fault.
Get help now with our experienced personal injury attorneys. Your rights are our priority.
Frustrated by all the legal mumbo jumbo?
When your insurance company turns on you, turn to us.
Are you a victim but no one seems to care?
Let us protect you from a legal storm.
Perhaps more painful than getting hurt in an accident caused by someone else is the legal mumbo-jumbo that comes with a typical personal injury case. You probably know you have rights under the law, but dealing with the responsible person’s insurance company is frustrating. Your pain, mounting medical bills, lost wages, and other issues create a vortex of legal woes with you in the middle.
You can trust our attorneys at the Alliance Law Group to provide shelter from this perfect storm. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our team is developing a strong strategy to obtain the highest amount of compensation available under Washington State law.
Helping Victims of Tacoma Personal Injury Matters Since 1950
Our firm has experienced some growth and transition over the years, but our core goal to provide dedicated, skilled representation in personal injury cases has remained steadfast. We tackle the challenges of personal injury claims head-on, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Negligent drivers are all around, engaging in such risky behaviors as speeding, texting, talking on their phones, ignoring traffic laws, and other dangerous conduct.
- Injuries on Property and Slip and Fall Claims: Washington State property owners are required to keep the premises safe for those who enter upon it. Their failure to do so may cause injuries, for which you may be entitled to recover.
- Injuries Caused by Defective Products: Manufacturers must do all they can to avoid regulations against introducing a defective product into the stream of commerce. If they do not comply with this duty, they are strictly liable for resulting injuries.
- Wrongful Death Cases: When a person dies due to negligent conduct, family members may step in as advocates of the deceased to pursue compensation.
- Insurance Disputes: At times, your biggest hurdle in a personal injury case is your own insurer. Our attorneys take on stingy insurance company adjusters and legal departments that try to reject your claim or offer a low-ball settlement.
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Though the details of your accident are unique, most personal injury cases are based on the legal concept of negligence. You must prove that the responsible party breached a legal duty of care, which directly caused your injuries. When successful, you may obtain compensation in the form of monetary damages. Washington State law allows you to recover:
- Expenses for your medical treatment, including emergency care, surgery, physical therapy, prescriptions, and related costs;
- Lost income covering the time you were away from work due to your injuries;
- Pain and suffering, which is a subjective concept covering your physical discomfort;
- Losses related to personal relationships with your spouse, children, parents, and other loved ones; and,
- Other damages, depending upon your circumstances.
Note that your amount of compensation may be limited by Washington’s statute of limitations, which requires you to file a lawsuit against the responsible party within three years from the date you were injured. Plus, there is a state law regarding comparative negligence. If you were partially at fault for the circumstances leading to your injuries, your compensation is reduced by the amount of blame attributable to your own conduct.
Consult with an Experienced Tacoma Personal Injury Lawyer
At the Alliance Law Group, our attorneys are committed to turning your personal injury setback into a comeback. Please contact us to schedule a case assessment at our convenient University Park, WA offices.